Just sitting on the wooden swing in Alpha Chi's front yard, enjoying the cool breeze (finally) and welcome lack of humidity (finally). The temperature's perfect for fall: just cool enough not to need sleeves but to be able to appreciate them, sun shining just brightly enough to provide some warmth without necessitating squinty eyes... the ideal environment for a swirl of autumn colors I hope will grace the branches of maples this year before they drop to the ground to create a crunchy brown-grey bed.
Granted we're still a bit less than a month away from fall... I can dream.
Thankfully, despite the no returns/exchanges/refunds policy that the telephone operator told me Ticketmaster has, I was able to cancel my New Pornographers ticket this morning and get a refund (after hanging out on hold for quite a while, tolerating the frequent automated nudges to e-mail customer service instead through moves in FreeCell). It appears the October road trip to Chicago might turn out to be a no-go, so I figured I'd better cancel my ticket while I still have the chance. If we do end up going, I can always reorder a ticket. If we don't go, I think I'm going to drive to Cincinnati on Oct. 5th to see Spoon (a band I would like to see equally as much as the New Pornographers). I wouldn't even care if no one else wants to go to that one, because I could just crash at Dad's after the concert and that's not one I would even really mind going to alone if I had to (although it wouldn't be the preferred option). But I definitely don't want to drive up to Chicago and either brave the city traffic or take a train in all alone. That would take a bit of the fun out of it, even if I could manage it.
Spoon's a perfectly suitable alternative, especially since I love all but one song on their new album (and the only reason I don't like Track 2 is because there are weird sound effects on it that sound like they belong more in one of those ghost-hunting television shows).
Still waiting for GameCube controller #4 to arrive. Then my set will be complete. And all for the sheer joy of Mario Kart.
I love how musical soundtracks can spin the most ridiculous lyrics into some of the catchiest, most entertaining songs. I guess the ridiculousness is a big part of what makes them so fun.
I'm hungry. And I have nothing meaningful at this point to contribute to the blog world or larger society. Break.
Current musical obsession: "a new year," my previously mentioned new iTunes playlist
Subscribe to:
Post Comments (Atom)

No comments:
Post a Comment