Aimons-nous
(Lyrics: Thèodore de Banville / Music: Camille Saint-Säens)
Let us love and sleep
without a care for the rest of the world!
Neither ocean waves nor mountain storms,
while we still love each other,
can bow your golden head,
for love is more powerful
than the gods and death!
The sun would extinguish its rays
to make your purity more pure,
the wind, which inclines the forest to the earth,
would not dare in passing to frolic with your hair,
while you nestle your head in my arms.
And when our two hearts ascend to paradise,
where celestial lilies shall open beneath our tears,
then, like flowers,
let us join our loving lips
and strive to exhaust
death in a kiss.
One of my best friends sang this song in French at her junior recital. I thought it was really beautiful. I told her I want her to sing it at my wedding. :)
Subscribe to:
Post Comments (Atom)

No comments:
Post a Comment