I've recently been informed by that guy I married that our first dance was not, in fact, to Frampton.
It's all coming back to me now. That is, after he said at the hookah lounge last night, "I can't believe you don't remember. It was to that song you picked out from 'When Harry Met Sally'!" (Notice the you, which I should've italicized, as I definitely heard the emphasis in my head, at least.)
Yes. "It Had to Be You." I thought it was lovely. And appropriate. And, for the most part, anyway, summed up our relationship quite nicely.
Apparently he preferred "Wonderful Tonight," which I suggested might be more appropriate for our last dance since -- while I love the song very much -- it happens to close with a drunken Clapton asking to be taken home by a woman who remains pretty even through his beer (or, more likely, liquor) goggles.
Let this be a lesson to all men: If you have an opinion, express it with gusto. Especially when your significant other is begging for you to have an opinion, any opinion. Otherwise we think it's just a suggestion and assume you won't be holding onto the idea months later. Ha.
Tyler, next time we get married, you're 100% responsible for the DJ's set list.
Subscribe to:
Post Comments (Atom)

1 comment:
This, BTW is fairly hilarious.
Post a Comment